The Fellow of the Biophysical Society Award is designed to honor the Society’s distinguished members who have demonstrated excellence in science, to the expansion of the field of biophysics and suppport of the Biophysical Society. Professor Cafiso is recognized for his contributions to our understanding of the electrostatic properties of membrane bilayers, membrane protein structure and protein-lipid interactions.
- Related Awards and Honors
- Bushweller Research Lab’s paper, A small-molecule inhibitor of the aberrant transcription factor CBFβ-SMMHC delays leukemia in mice, featured in Science
- Undergraduate Chemistry Major Declan McCarthy wins Double-Hoo Award
- Rob Garrod’s research featured in Science
- Michael Webster-Gardiner named Jefferson Scholars Foundation’s Dissertation Year Jefferson Fellow