Ruffin Evans received one of the 278 national Goldwater Scholarships awarded. Mr. Evans conducts research on Boron polymers with Prof. Fraser. The Goldwater Scholars were selected on the basis of academic merit from a field of 1,111 mathematics, science, and engineering students who were nominated by the faculties of colleges and universities nationwide. One hundred fifty-six of the Scholars are men, 122 are women, and virtually all intend to obtain a Ph.D. as their degree objective. Seventeen Scholars are mathematics majors, 199 are science and related majors, 53 are majoring in engineering, and 9 are computer science majors.
- Related Awards and Honors
- Egorov article selected as a 2016 Editors’ Choice article by the Journal of Chemical Physics
- Cassandra Fraser recipient of the 2017 Award for Excellence in Teaching
- Nicole Swope awarded NSF Graduate Research Fellowship
- Former undergraduate student Paige Piszel awarded NSF Graduate Research Fellowship