Ruffin Evans received one of the 278 national Goldwater Scholarships awarded. Mr. Evans conducts research on Boron polymers with Prof. Fraser. The Goldwater Scholars were selected on the basis of academic merit from a field of 1,111 mathematics, science, and engineering students who were nominated by the faculties of colleges and universities nationwide. One hundred fifty-six of the Scholars are men, 122 are women, and virtually all intend to obtain a Ph.D. as their degree objective. Seventeen Scholars are mathematics majors, 199 are science and related majors, 53 are majoring in engineering, and 9 are computer science majors.
- Related Awards and Honors
- Eric Herbst’s Study Shows Organic Molecules Survive Radiation Near Black Hole
- Exclusive $4 Million Partnership with Max Planck Society Targets Energy Research
- Harman Research Lab’s paper, Enantioenrichment of a Tungsten Dearomatization Agent Utilizing Chiral Acids, highlighted in C&E News
- Harman Research Lab’s paper, Enantioenrichment of a Tungsten Dearomatization Agent Utilizing Chiral Acids, published in the Journal of the American Chemical Society