Ruffin Evans received one of the 278 national Goldwater Scholarships awarded. Mr. Evans conducts research on Boron polymers with Prof. Fraser. The Goldwater Scholars were selected on the basis of academic merit from a field of 1,111 mathematics, science, and engineering students who were nominated by the faculties of colleges and universities nationwide. One hundred fifty-six of the Scholars are men, 122 are women, and virtually all intend to obtain a Ph.D. as their degree objective. Seventeen Scholars are mathematics majors, 199 are science and related majors, 53 are majoring in engineering, and 9 are computer science majors.
- Related Awards and Honors
- Professor Venton’s “Review: Carbon nanotube based electrochemical sensors for biomolecules” is currently the top cited review in Analytica Chimica Acta, with in excess of 200 citations in 3 years. ACA is ranked #4 of 32 analytical journals.
- Chemical and Engineering News Higlights Research from Gunnoe Group
- AES Graduate Fellowship Recipients Announced
- Columbus Research on bacteria recently spotlighted by ACS