The Virginia United Genetically Engineered Machine (VGEM) team, including members from the University of Virginia’s Engineering School and College of Arts & Sciences, won a bronze medal from the prestigious International Genetically Engineered Machines competition, held last November at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. The 2010 VGEM team members from U.Va. are Rohini Manaktala (), Austin Chamberlin (environmental science), Megan Barron (biology), Arjun Arthreya (psychology and chemistry) and Yong Wu (chemical engineering).
- Related Awards and Honors
- Egorov article selected as a 2016 Editors’ Choice article by the Journal of Chemical Physics
- Cassandra Fraser recipient of the 2017 Award for Excellence in Teaching
- Nicole Swope awarded NSF Graduate Research Fellowship
- Former undergraduate student Paige Piszel awarded NSF Graduate Research Fellowship