The Third Edition of Carboranes by Emeritus Professor Russ Grimes was published by Elsevier in August, just 5 years following the Second Edition. The book reflects the rapid pace of development in this field, which is generating hundreds of publications each year in areas as diverse as nanomaterials, pharmacology, diagnostic and therapeutic medicine, extraction of radioactive metals from nuclear waste, catalysis, and organic synthesis. Professor Grimes was recently honored by a special issue of the Journal of Organometallic Chemistry, featuring over 40 contributed papers from international scientists in recognition of his contributions to boron chemistry throughout his 50-year career.
- Related Awards and Honors
- Egorov article selected as a 2016 Editors’ Choice article by the Journal of Chemical Physics
- Cassandra Fraser recipient of the 2017 Award for Excellence in Teaching
- Nicole Swope awarded NSF Graduate Research Fellowship
- Former undergraduate student Paige Piszel awarded NSF Graduate Research Fellowship