CAMOS was founded in 1987 at the University of Virginia to coordinate and promote research and training in Atomic, Molecular, and Optical Sciences. The Center brings together faculty and students from across the Schools of Arts & Sciences and Engineering. Research activities are diverse in this multidisciplinary center, with examples ranging from theoretical studies of atomic and molecular structure, to advanced laser synthesis and processing of materials.
- Research Centers & Programs
- Center for Catalytic Hydrocarbon Functionalization
- Center for Chemistry of the Universe
- Center for Atomic, Molecular, and Optical Sciences
- Functional Proteomics Undergraduate Research Initiative
- Institute for Nanoscale and Quantum Scientific and Technological Advanced Research
- Research Training Grants