The UVA Chemistry LEAD Program is designed to promote science education and chemistry awareness in the local community. For more detailed information about LEAD, please visit https://sites.google.com/site/uvachemistrylead/.
Graduate students from the Department of Chemistry perform demonstrations and lead activities for Charlottesville-area elementary school students in accordance with the Science Standards of Learning for Virginia Public Schools
- Show chemistry is fun and that anyone can do chemistry!!!
- Improve contacts between University and K-12 science teachers
- Inspire University Chemistry students to become educators
- Teach elementary students fundamental concepts in chemistry through hands on experiments
- Improve leadership and communication skills of graduate students
4th/5th grade – A Pirate’s Plea (Vitamin C Test)
To contact LEAD to schedule a visit to your school or other science related activity please e-mail us at email@example.com.
President: Rob Dyer
Vice President: Jeff Myers
Treasurer: Eric Hunt
Secretary: Jacob Staley
Materials Manager: Emmanuel Toroitich